The YYAS is a rigorous academic and enrichment program for young Africans in secondary school who want to continue their education and for those who want to make a big difference in society as leaders while they are still young.
What to Know About Young Global Scholars
An unrivaled academic and leadership program at Yale University, Yale Young Global Scholars is known for its diverse and inclusive community, commitment to expanding educational opportunity, and liberal arts foundation.
Yale Young Global Scholars prepares the next generation of leaders by building a global community and making programs that encourage intellectual curiosity, improve understanding, and encourage creative action across all borders.
An intellectual enrichment program for exceptional high school students from throughout the world is called Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS). Students from more than 150 nations, including all 50 U.S. states, take part in a two-week interdisciplinary session at Yale’s historic campus every summer.
Join Yale University’s worldwide learning community and immerse yourself there.
Basics of the Young Global Scholarship
- Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Yale Young Global Scholars
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Yale University
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 23, 2023
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is a two-week academic summer program that attracts students from all over the world. Over 2,000 students from over 150 countries and all 50 U.S. states attend YYGS. The school gives out more than $3 million USD in need-based financial aid to both U.S. and international students.
Our curriculum encourages active student participation and fosters conversations influenced by global viewpoints while exposing participants to cutting-edge subjects. Students can select a STEM, social sciences, humanities, or cross-disciplinary track to pursue.
Eligibility Criteria for Yale University Undergraduate Scholarship
For the 2023 Yale Young African Scholars Program in the United States, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. To be considered, you must be 14 years old by the application deadline (February 1, 2023).Please be aware that a typical YYAS student ranges in age from 15 to 18.
2. Be able to engage in a demanding academic program taught in English.
3. Be an African national or lawful permanent resident. Applications from refugees residing in African nations will also be considered.
4. Be currently enrolled in school in an African nation.
5. Be a current 11th grader (or international equivalent).
6. If you attend a Northern Hemisphere school, you must complete secondary school no later than May or June 2024. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must complete secondary school by November or December 2024 at the latest.
More on the Yale University Undergraduate Scholarship
Information on Decisions:
For vital and precise deadlines, dates, and times, please study the information on deadlines. By the middle of April, admissions results will be made public.
Application Documents Needed
All applicants must possess the three (3) elements listed below:
1. completed application form
2. Official record of grades or transcripts
3. Just one (1) teacher’s endorsement
Methods of Application
Are you capable and interested? Apply to Yale Young Global Scholars by visiting globalscholars.yale.edu.
1. To begin your YYAS application, click “Apply Now.” Remembering your email and password will allow you to access the program later. The application must be finished and submitted by February 1, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
2. Verify that you have all the necessary components by looking at the application’s “Review” page, and go back to any pages that need more details.
3. After finishing your application, go to the “Review” tab. At the bottom of the page, click the “Submit Application” button to continue.
4. Verify your inbox for a YYAS confirmation receipt that shows your application was submitted successfully. Payments are sometimes slow to process, so confirmation emails usually arrive 24 to 48 hours after the form is sent.
You must provide the names and telephone numbers of your parent(s), guardian(s), teacher(s), and/or school official(s). Get in touch with them as soon as you can to go over the PDF of a sample blank application with them and make sure you get the data you require.
Visit the website of Yale University for further information.
23rd January, 2023.