Highly talented and driven people have the chance to advance their careers while working in a diverse setting through the World Bank Paid Internship. In general, interns enjoy the experience and find it worthwhile.
Typically, candidates for this internship are sought in the following areas: finance, economics, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other connected topics.
Applications are accepted at the following times: The World Bank offers paid internships during two seasons.
1. Summer Internship (June–September): The deadline for summer internship applications is January 31, 2023.
2. Winter Internship (December–March): The application process will run from October 1 through October 31, 2023, for the Winter Internship.
Knowing About the World Bank
The World Bank Group, which consists of five institutions, is a singular global partnership with 189 member nations, employees from more than 170 nations, and offices spread across more than 130 locations.
The World Bank Group works to find long-term solutions that end poverty and promote shared prosperity in developing nations. The World Bank, which offers funding, policy recommendations, and technical help to governments of poor nations, is made up of IBRD and IDA.
The world’s poorest nations are the focus of IDA, while middle-income and creditworthy poorer nations are helped by IBRD. Even though each of our five organizations has its own national membership, governing boards, and articles of agreement, we operate as a single entity to benefit our partner nations.
The private sector must be involved in the solution if the development issues of today are to be overcome. However, the public sector establishes the framework for encouraging and fostering private investment growth.
The World Bank Group has a special capacity to link global financial resources, knowledge, and creative solutions to the needs of developing nations because of the complementary responsibilities played by our institutions.
Details of the World Bank Internship Program
- Program Type: Postgraduate
- Responsible Organization: World Bank
- Country of study–
- School of study–
- Course of study: Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2023.
Benefits of the World Bank Internship Program
All interns are paid an hourly wage by the Bank Group, and when necessary, they are given money to cover their travel costs. Interns are in charge of finding their own housing.
Eligibility Criteria for the Internship Program
Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree, be enrolled full-time in a graduate program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with intentions to return to school full-time), and have already completed one year of such study to be eligible for the internship.
Successful applicants typically have already started their PhD programs or have finished their first year of graduate school.
Process of Selection and the Required Documents
English proficiency is necessary. It is advantageous to have previous relevant work experience, computer abilities, and understanding of languages including French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese.
Before submitting, kindly attach the following files (mandatory):
1. Curriculum Vitae, (CV)
2. Interest Declaration
3. Evidence of Graduate Degree Enrollment
The maximum file size for each submission is 5 MB, and it must be in one of the following formats:.doc,.docx, or.pdf.
Are you capable and enthusiastic? Login to the World Bank at worldbankgroup.org to submit an application.
Your application process is made easier by using this checklist.
1. Make sure you are using a browser version of Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or one of the others.
2. A registration form will ask you for your email address and account information.
3. You must finish your application in one sitting, and you can’t send it until you’ve uploaded all the required files and answered every question (questions with an * are required).
4. Give your contact information as of right now.
5. Double-check your email address, as this will be the primary way to contact you about your candidacy. Make sure it is written correctly.
6. Be sure to input your full phone number, which consists of the number itself plus the country and city codes.
You won’t be able to make any more modifications or additions to your application once you’ve submitted it. Online submission of all applications is required. After the deadline, applications won’t be taken into consideration.
31st January, 2023.
For More Info, Visit World Bank Official Website.