Through the assistance of the Standard Bank of South Africa, the scholarships have been funded. The Standard Bank is dedicated to helping scholars develop into capable leaders in Africa.
Three exceptional African students who want to enroll in a one-year Masters program at the University of Oxford are given the Standard Bank Africa Chairman scholarship.
You must be attempting to enroll in a full-time, one-year taught master’s program in one of the following divisions: mathematics, physical and life sciences, social sciences, or humanities.
Basic Background of the Standard Bank Group
By assets and earnings, Standard Bank Firm Limited (commonly known as Stanbic Bank) is the largest African banking group. It operates in 20 sub-Saharan African nations. It has over 560 branches and more than 1,770 ATMs on the African continent, with a workforce of around 50,000.
An organization called Standard Bank Group provides banking and financial services to people, organizations, businesses, and corporations both within and outside of Africa. They fuel Africa’s economic progress, which is both inclusive and sustainable.
A framework of actions and goals for long-term social, economic, and environmental upliftment has been designed by them to ensure their commitment to making a positive and enduring impact.
Basic Details of the Standard Bank Masters Scholarship
- Program Type: Postgraduate
- Responsible Organisation: Standard Bank Group
- Country of Study: United Kingdom
- School of Study: Oxford University
- Course of Study: Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
The fellowship, which was established in 2013, intends to give the next generation of African talent access to both educational enrichment and global exposure.
They want to build a network of African leaders through the scholarship who will champion and impact Africa’s growth and sustainability as well as exercise global influence through visionary leadership.
The scholarship enables recipients to study for a postgraduate master’s degree at one of the finest universities in the UK, including Oxford, Cambridge, or the London School of Economics.
The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship Alumni Network, which unites professionals, activists, and intellectuals who share a passion for the prosperity and success of Africa, will accept you as a member after your studies are complete; leaders of the future to be proud of.
Benefits of the Standard Bank Masters Scholarship
The scholarship includes both a grant for living expenses and course fees. Awards are given for the entirety of your price obligation for the specified course.
Eligibility Criteria for the Standard Bank Masters Scholarship
You will be automatically considered for this scholarship if:
1. You are applying to begin a new graduate course;
2. You submit your course application by the applicable January deadline for admissions;
3. You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of all applications received by the deadline;
4. Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January deadline for consideration against applications received by the March deadline for admissions.
Students enrolled in the LSE, Oxford, or Cambridge universities are eligible for the grants. A one-year Master’s program in the social sciences, humanities, mathematics, physical sciences, or life sciences at the University of Cambridge, LSE, or Oxford University in the United Kingdom is covered by the Chairman’s Scholarship.
The master’s degrees in business administration (MBA) and public policy (MPP) are not included.
Standard Bank Masters Scholarship Interview Process and Date
1. To determine your eligibility, the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s eligibility criteria will be automatically applied using the information you provide in the pertinent sections of the graduate application form (such as your country of ordinary residence and your previous educational institutions).
2. Unless otherwise stated, selection is based on academic merit.
3. Only certain colleges are eligible to receive some of the scholarships. On the graduate application form, you are not required to indicate that college as your preference unless otherwise stated.
No matter the college you indicate as your preference (if any), all qualified applicants will be taken into account. However, those that are accepted will transfer to the appropriate college to accept the award.
4. Candidates with postponed starts in 2022–2023 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
No separate application is required for this Africa scholarship; instead, submit your graduate school application by the applicable January deadline for consideration. By the end of July 2023, the selection process is anticipated to be complete.
It’s crucial to keep in mind that you must apply for your master’s degree and specify that you need financial aid.
The Chairman’s Scholarship does not have a separate application. Each university has its own application deadline. Please consult your chosen university for information on application deadlines.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you must indicate Magdalene College as your top choice on your Cambridge application.
For More Info, visit the official website.