Applications are welcomed from competent Ugandan scholars to compete for Commonwealth Scholarships to the United Kingdom at the master’s and doctoral levels for the 2024/2025 academic year.
- The application deadline is September 8, 2023.
- Fields of Study Eligible:
1. Health Sciences – 03 2. Education – 03 3. Agricultural Sciences – 03 4. Engineering Sciences – 03 5. Law – 03 Masters Level
Type: Master’s, PhD
Criteria for Eligibility:
1. PhD applicants must have a UK university acceptance and a supervisor in the relevant discipline at at least one of the UK universities to which they are applying.
2.Applicants must have a first degree in the relevant discipline with at least an Upper Second Class Honours.
3. Foreign-qualified applicants MUST have their academic documents EQUATED by the National Council for Higher Education.
4. Applicants for Masters programmes must have at least two years of relevant professional experience.
Eligible Countries: Uganda
Deadline: August 8, 2023
What Is the Advantage of an Award?
Flights from your native country to the UK and back at the end of your award
Tuition and examination expenses that have been approved
Stipend (adequate living allowance)
Where applicable, a thesis grant to help with the costs of writing a thesis or dissertation.
Allowance for warm clothing, if applicable
Study travel grant to help with the costs of studying in the UK or abroad.
Fieldwork award for PhD Scholars to cover the expense of international fieldwork.
Paid mid-term visit (ticket) to your home country for UK Commonwealth Scholarships PhD Scholars (unless you have claimed (or intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarship, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork)
If you have children but are widowed, divorced, or separated,
How to Use:
Application letter with a current passport photograph specifying age, gender, programme of study, home district, phone contact, email address, job experience, photocopies of academic documents, professional certifications, and the Biometric Passport’s biodata page should be addressed to:
SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL COMMITTEE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SPORTS
And delivered to: Legacy Towers, Kyadondo Road Plot 5, Kampala 2nd Floor, Wing B; or by email to:
To arrive no later than Friday, September 8, 2023.
On Friday, September 22, 2023, the shortlist will be posted on the Ministry of Education and Sports website, www.education.go.ug, as well as notice boards at Embassy House and Legacy Towers.
Form of application: https://www.education.go.ug/